ACCESS NOW: BLUE EYE OCULAR DIAGNOSTICS AND MICROSURGERY CENTRE IN MILAN
The BLUE EYE Ocular Microsurgery centre was founded in 1998 and, thanks to the experience of the experts that work here and the use of cutting-edge technologies, has established itself as a private benchmark facility in the prevention and treatment of different ocular pathologies.
BLUE EYE was created in accordance with the most advanced architectural and health organisation criteria. 800 square meters on one single floor include the medical retina and refractive surgery divisions as well as the core of its structure, the operating block, that can be accessed through a sterile filter which is exclusively dedicated to ophthalmic surgery in outpatient and day surgery. Separated areas, a sickroom and a sterilisation centre, are located near the operating theatre to prepare the patients and to manage postoperatively. Every sector is characterised by the use of materials such as wood, glass and steel, which are combined differently so as to identify technical areas in a homogeneous path, which are always welcoming and comfortable.
In case of emergency, the functionality of the two operating theatres (surgical and refractive) is guaranteed by continuity groups whose duration is more than enough to safely conclude every procedure. The elaboration of standard protocols for every surgical performance and of rules regulating the roles and activities of the nursing staff guarantee the highest safety for the patient. The Blue Eye ocular microsurgery centre is first and foremost a structure that supports the optician who can find highly-qualified staff and advanced technological solutions. Even today, in spite of the economic crisis, Blue Eye believes it is important to keep on investing in technologies that allow for the maintenance and increase in the value of those features that have guaranteed the centre’s success all these years.
In 2006 the Region of Lombardy allowed Blue Eye to hospitalise patients providing day-care facilities, with local and general anaesthesia.
For a good quality of life it is extremely important to see well and to maintain integral visual functions. There are ocular pathologies that are at first asymptomatic, whereas some visual defects (mostly in the young) can go unnoticed due to the ability of our body to adapt and compensate for the different deficiencies. Visual acuity, i.e. the ability to see well, can significantly vary over years and only thorough and periodical examinations by an ophthalmologist can determine the condition of the eyes and operate at the right time if anomalies are discovered. Blue Eye has recently extended its specialist offer of prevention and treatment. A new sector completely dedicated to eye examinations has been established.
Examinations And Diagnostic Checks
The following instrumental examinations are available at Blue Eye:
- Aberrometry: analyses the whole visual system and can point out the presence of aberrations that cause light dispersion in an irregular way affecting the quality of vision
- No-contact optical biometry IOL MASTER: allows for the measuring of the axial eye length to calculate the power of the intraocular lens, in the cataract and in the phakic lens. Thanks to this innovative instrument the eye remains untouched and there is no risk of human error while performing the examination.
- Ultrasound biometry: measures the length of the eyeball and calculates the value of the lens that has to be implanted.
- Computerised visual field: measures the functionalities of the retinal nerve fibres.
- SLO microperimetry: the confocal system also allows for the visualisation of the retina in case of opacity of the vitreous or of the cataract. It is the ideal instrument for early diagnosis and monitoring of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD)
- Tonometric curve: measures the variations of ocular tone during the day.
- Fluorescein angiography: analyses and photographs the retinal circulation and uses the fluorescein as a contrast agent.
- Fluorescein and green indocyanine (ICG) angiography: analyses and photographs the circulation of the deepest choroidal vessels and uses the green indocyanine as a contrast agent.
- GDX: measures the thickness of the optical nerve fibre.
- Endothelial microscopy: measures number, shape, distribution and quality of the most internal layer of the cornea.
- High resolution Spectralis-Oct: a new technology for retinal diagnostics that can capture high definition images not obtainable with any other equipment. It is a non-invasive exam and does not require a contrast agent.
- Corneal pachymetry: an ultrasound exam that measures the thickness of the cornea at every point.
- Pentacam HRT: 3D reconstruction of the anterior segment of the eye, with the evaluation of the features of the cornea, of the anterior chamber and of the crystalline lens.
- Pupillometry: an exam that is carried out under different lighting conditions to measure the dynamic changes of the diameter of the pupil.
- Tonometry: measures ocular pressure.
- PASCAL tonometry: measures the ocular pressure in a reliable way in patients who have undergone refractive surgery and, in particular, in situations that do not allow for a reliable traditional tonometry test (keratoconus, a high level astigmatism, severe corneal dystrophies).
- Corneal topography: measures the shape and the quality of the corneal surface.
THE ONLY DAY HOSPITAL ENTIRELY DEDICATED TO DIAGNOSIS AND OCULAR SURGERY IN MILAN
- BLUE EYE is the only day hospital entirely dedicated to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of ocular pathologies, acknowledged by the region of Lombardy.
- Some of the best specialists in ophthalmology work in Blue Eye, supported by highly qualified staff, in order to offer patients the best guarantees in every kind of operation.
- Blue Eye constantly invests in technologies that allow the Centre to maintain and make the most of those features that have established its success in recent years. Blue Eye was the first to acquire the Victus Combo platform, Femtoseconds laser, a very sophisticated and expensive instrument that revolutionised refractive surgery and cataract surgery.
- The operating theatres in Blue Eye are only used for eye operations. This, together with the use of standardised protocols for every surgical procedure and the wide use of disposable material, guarantees the highest safety for the patient.
- At Blue Eye you can ask for a totally free informative talk to get to know the different techniques and operations with regard to life and work needs.
Affiliations With Welfare Organisations
EXAMINATIONS, CHECKS, OUTPATIENT AND DAY HOSPITAL SURGERY IN BLUE EYE CENTRE IN MILAN AND VIMERCATE
Blue Eye Ocular Microsurgery Centre has arrangements with insurance companies, supplementary funds, health funds and enterprises. At present Blue Eye has arrangements with:
- AMICA CARD (indirect)
- ASSIDAI vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- ASSIDA Dirigenti Telecom vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- ASSILT Lavoratori Telecom vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- ATM vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- BLUE ASSISTANCE
- C.A.M.P.A. (indirect)
- CASSA RBM SALUTE vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- WIN SALUTE
- ENTE MUTUO COMMERCIO
- EUROP ASSISTANCE
- FASI OPEN
- FASI RAI vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- FASIE settire Enerfie vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- FISDAF (Fondo Fiat)
- FISDE (Fondo Eni)
- FSI Gruppo INTESASANPAOLO vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- GBS GRUPPO GENERALI
- GRUPPO MEDIASET – GRUPPO FININVEST vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- GRUPPO ZURICH ITALIA vedi all. PREVIMEDICAL
- MAPFRE WARRENTY
- ALLIANZ – MONDIAL ASSISTANCE
- QUAS (indirect)
The services can also be paid by cheque, cash and with most common credit cards.
Financing Surgical Operations
BLUE EYE offers all its patients access to different procedures by taking advantage of a personalised financial service of up to 60 months.
The funding process is carried out directly at the clinic and only requires a few quick steps. The loan is subject to approval by the financial authority involved and must comply with Blue Eye Clinic. Contact Blue Eye Center now for a free financial consultation!