28 October 2021
Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers, UAE
You are invited to submit your abstract in Oral communication, E-posters, Videos, or Photo Gallery for the 19th Emirates Society of Ophthalmology Conference, which will be held on 28 –30 October 2021 at Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers, United Arab Emirates.
Abstracts will be selected whether oral or E-poster presentation depending on the number and quality of abstracts received. Accepted Videos and Photos will be presented digitally.
Abstracts submissions are open until August 1st, 2021 18:00 (GMT +4).
Any abstract received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Upon completion of the evaluation of the abstract, an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ message will be sent to the authors by email, approximately 14 days after the deadline for submission.
- Cornea and Refractive
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
General Abstract guidelines:
All submitted abstracts must be in English
– The content of the abstract is the responsibility of the author. During submission, it must clearly indicate the name of the presenting author, who is considered to be the contact person for all correspondence of the submitted abstract.
– All submitted abstracts need to have the names and surnames of all co-authors, along with their positions in their affiliated institutions.
Title & Length:
– A poster abstract must have a short, specific title (no abbreviations) that clearly indicates the nature of the investigation.
It is encouraged that the title is set to attract the attendees and to give a hint after the investigation.
– All abstracts should not exceed 300 words.
A well-written poster abstract has the following identified sections:
1. Background/objectives: a brief introduction: states the problem which you are addressing.
The introduction should include a background of 1-2 statements followed by the objectives of the investigation.
2. Design and methods: the methodologies, number of subjects/patients who are tested and scientific approach used to conduct the research.
3. Results: it is expected that the authors present data that supports their conclusion.
Tables and graphs should include explanatory captions.
4. Conclusions: overall outcome of the research should be mentioned clearly and not less than two statements.
5. Citation: a reference list and acknowledgments, if applicable
Tips in writing your E-poster:
– Make the title dynamic and conclusive, rather than descriptive.
– Identify your submission category carefully to assure proper consideration.
– Use generic names, trade names only when necessary.
– Avoid beginning sentences with numerals.
– Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Nonstandard abbreviations should be placed in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
– No references, credits or grant support should be included in the poster abstract.
– No identifying information about patients participating in a study or trial should be used.
– Proofread poster abstracts carefully to avoid errors before submission. No corrections will be allowed or made once the poster abstract has been submitted.