People who regularly buy contact lenses have a pile of unused cases in their medicine cabinets. As a contact lens wearer, you know how important it is to change your contact lens cases every one to three months to prevent contamination. Not many people think of using their contact lens cases for other things such as using it as little compartments.
There are plenty of ways that you can reuse your old contact lens case which includes:
- Travel jewelry case which makes the contact lens cases perfect storage for earrings and rings. The lids will keep it secure and free from moisture.
- Pill container which is convenient storage for your daily pills and vitamins. It is a small container where you can place it in your bag or pocket without worrying about it. The only thing that you need to worry about is it is not a safe method of storing pills because children can open them easily.
- Condiment holder which gives you storage that has a portion-control. You can use your old contact lens case when you do not want to bring a whole bottle of ketchup or mayonnaise. Make sure to clean the contact case before using it.
- Turn your old contact lens cases into a travel grooming product case to store hair gel, face cream, foundation, lip gloss, or lotion. This way, you will not be needing to buy expensive travel soaps and lotions. You can just store them in your case.
- A mouthwash holder is another way to reuse an old contact lens case which is perfect to store in your bag just for emergencies. You will never know when you will have a date.
Can I Use My Old Contact Lens Case as Headphones Protector?
The struggle of putting your headphones in your bag is frustrating because of the tangle and mess it creates. You can use your old contact lens case to protect the earbuds and keep the cord free from knots. All you have to do is cut a gap on each side of the contact lens case so the earbud can lay flat. Wrap the cord in the center of the case. The contact lens case has more use than just storing contact lenses.
Using Old Contact Lens Case as a Container
Reusing an old contact lens case is perfect to use as a container. It can store a lot of things and it is very handy to bring. You do not have to worry about leakage because the screw in the lid secures what is inside. You can keep an unused contact lens case in your bag for an emergency that you need to store something small.