People who wear eyeglasses know the struggle of cleaning them daily. Not all people who wear eyeglasses know the right way of cleaning eyeglasses to maintain their good shape.
These are the following ways to clean eyeglasses lens and frames properly without scratching the lens or causing further damage:
- Before cleaning eyeglasses, make sure to wash and dry your hands thoroughly. Do not use any lotion because it could be transferred to the lenses. Use a lint-free towel when drying hands.
- Rinse glasses in lukewarm water to remove dust and debris. Do not use hot water because doing so can damage the eyeglass lens coating.
- Apply a small amount of dishwashing liquid to each lens when washing. Remember that most dishwashing liquids are concentrated so be careful with the amount that you will use.
- Rub both sides of the lenses and parts of the frame gently for a few seconds to remove all the accumulated dust, debris, and oils.
- Rinse the lenses and frame thoroughly without leaving any traces of soap.
- Shake the glasses gently when eliminating water from the lenses.
- Dry lenses and frame using a clean and lint-free towel.
- Inspect the lenses to make sure that they are clean and have no streaks or smudges.
Things That You Should Not Do When Cleaning Glasses
- Do not use any shirt or cloth in cleaning your glasses, mostly when it is dry because doing this can scratch your lenses.
- Do not wet your lenses using saliva.
- Do not use any products such as household glass or surface cleaners to clean eyeglasses because it can damage eyeglass lenses and coatings.
- Do not use paper towels, napkins, or tissues to clean lenses because it can leave lint and scratches on lenses.
- Do not try to remove the scratch in your lenses because it will only worsen the situation.
Tips to Maintain Good Shape of Your Eyeglasses
Many people are searching for a solution on how to remove scratches from glasses. Unfortunately, there is none but there are products available that can help in making the scratches less visible. The disadvantage of this product is it can smear lenses with anti-reflective coating.
To maintain the good shape of eyeglasses, use a protective storage case to avoid scratches. Do not place eyeglasses anywhere with the lenses facing down, it should be placed with temples open and glasses upside down.